Scrub-a-dub-dub, are there pathogens in your tub (or rather, in your vessel, piping, or anywhere else in your plant)?!
Don’t risk your good name and hard-earned branding by placing your trust in a questionable “clean”. Whether you’re Cleaning-in-Place (CIP) or out of place (COP), there’s always room to improve where product quality and safety are concerned!
Residual bacteria may be hiding in your process, there are a number of possible factors adversely affecting the cleanliness of your “clean”. All it takes to damage your reputation and trust with consumers is to have an off-flavor, or for your product to spoil before it’s “Best By:” date! Since 1978, Koss Industrial, Inc. has worked with Cheese Makers and others in the Dairy Industry, we are familiar with the stringent guidelines and unique needs. Whatever your application, you can trust KOSS to understand that unique applications require custom, careful solutions.
How ‘at-risk’ is your process?
- Dead Zones. Or Dead Legs, or Dead Space, or Shadows, or “what-was-my-OEM-thinking-when-they-designed-this?!”…whatever you call these different types of awkward areas where cleaning doesn’t quite touch, the cleaning solution, the spray from your cleaning device, it doesn’t quite reach that entire surface. Whether the spray is blocked by the angle of a ferrule or the shaft of an agitator, without direct spray contact, that section of surface is iffy-at-best (or, much more likely, it is filthy).
KOSS can help, modifying your existing products, or providing new components/equipment/systems, or otherwise servicing your plant!
- Sloppy Slopes & Other Drainage Fails. Whether your piping is just a little too flat, or totally flat, your situation is inadequate draining. Maybe it’s sloppy slopes in your vessel bottom, or incorrectly mounted components (such as PD pumps needing to be vertical, both in design and in their placement…), or even process piping supports gone bad…these inadequate draining situations can give safe harbor to bacteria.Consider KOSS for new products & on-site services, we also provide modification services.
- Poor Welds & Polishing Problems. Superior quality continuous welds are absolutely necessary for sanitary components, equipment, and systems…that’s why Koss Industrial only brings in the best welders, fabricators, and finishers. Our craftsmen’s skills need to yield food-grade results, we’re serious about providing hygienic products and services to the Dairy Industry.
- Sharp Corners. Smooth product contact surfaces are the ideal, a nice radius provides a more cleanly surface, especially when compared to square corners, or corners with welds, that are more difficult to clean and can provide a safe haven for undesirables (bacteria).
- Slow Flow. Maybe you’ve added additional piping, or perhaps your flow velocity has always been less than ideal, whatever the reason, if your flow isn’t turbulent enough to appropriately scour the surface, then you aren’t getting a truly sanitary clean. Interested in ‘beefing up’ your pumps? KOSS is an Authorized Alfa Laval Pump SuperCenter with a varied stock here in Green Bay, WI (we’re able to supply & service a variety of brands to meet individual customer requirements).
- Tepid Temperatures. Even if it’s not “tepid”, it’s still not hot enough, or maybe its too hot…identifying & adhering to the proper temperature for cleaning your process is necessary for you to clean effectively. Monitoring & controlling is vital to maintain the necessary temperature – KOSS’ Electrical Dept. is experienced in providing sanitary control via proper instrumentation and automation.
- Where’s the soap?! Is your chemical really in your cleaning solution? Or rather, is enough chemical in your cleaning solution for it to be effective? Dosing Pumps are a great idea to control the instruction of chemicals into your cleaning solution. Conductivity Transmitters/Probes/Sensors are quite helpful if you want to verify the strengths of your caustic and acid in your cleaning solutions.
Protect your customers and your brand! Identify threats to your sanitary clean, contact Koss Industrial, Inc. when you’re ready to shore up the weaker points in your cleaning process. Stay sanitary, and consider KOSS!